Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Epic Morning Power Smoothie!

Hi, I'm Chia and I'm a smoothieholic.

Hi Chia...

Driving in to work this morning, the world's coolest partner in carpooling admitted that she requires at least 2 hours after waking until she even *felt* hungry.  This makes me insanely jealous, because I feel like I was born hungry.

It took me a long time before I found the perfect foundation to a well-nourished day:  The Power Smoothie!  There are several variations to this recipe that I indulge in, but this is by far my favorite.

Here's what y'all need:

- 1 medium (2-3" diameter) organic beet
- 2 large (7-8" long) organic carrots
- Metric crapton (about 2 proper handfuls) organic baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 serving of your favorite protein shake.  My personal favorite is Garden of Life's Raw Protein Powder.  When choosing a powder, make sure it's both safe (click here for some help from Food Babe) and does not contain any hidden non-vegan ickery (click here for help from Vegangstaz on making sure nothing that came from a beaver's butt is in your food).
- 1 oz of your favorite raw nut - best if soaked in water overnight (it just blends better).  I love adding raw almonds into my smoothies!

The first thing I did this morning was pull out my mighty Breville Compact Juice Extractor and fed it beets and carrots.  Check out the gorgeous sunrise I concocted on this incredibly gloomy day:



I added this wonderful juice to the banana/spinach/protein powder/nut concoction that was chillin' in my Ninja blender:


After the Ninja had properly kung-fu'ed the daylights out of my drinkable salad, I had one perfectly pulsed breakfast treat!  I poured it into one of my re-purposed kombucha bottles for portability (reduce, reuse mofoz!)...


I coupled my cocktail with a Go Raw Live Pumpkin Bar.  This was a lovely pairing that kept me going until lunch!  Yay raw energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment