Saturday, December 22, 2012

Portobello Miso Soup

For my first blog-able vegan adventure, I decided to tackle a simple, yet delicious dish.  Miso soup!

I found myself perusing Pinterest earlier and came upon this little gem on the interwebs:  Mushroom Onion Miso Soup by Vegan Yack Attack.  Oddly enough, I found that I already had all of the ingredients (when does that ever happen?) and judging by the tell tale growl of my adorable little belly... I was ready to annihilate an entire batch in one sitting.

Here is my variation of this nom-tastic recipe:

Ingredients
Mellow White Miso Master Organic

(don't let the creepy dude fool you, this stuff is delicious and good for you!)
Handful of fresh portobello mushrooms, washed and cubed
Red Onions, sliced
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic (optional, to taste)
Shredded nori

Putting it all together...
I sauteed the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil.  Whilst cooking, I boiled hot water in our kettle  to mix in with a little over 1T of fresh miso.  When veg was done, added to miso broth then garnished with nori.  I had some left over fried tofu from a prior vegan adventure, so I threw them in the vegan jacuzzi before chewing them into oblivion.



Best 10 minutes spent in the kitchen ever!

Happy noshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment