Monday, January 21, 2013

What's in your salad?




I find it oddly hilarious that I posted a picture of Gizmo's litter box on my food blog.  I fail at photography and/or presentation.


I do have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of salads.  Every once and awhile I'll look in my fridge and think "What I am I going to do with beets,  a quarter jicama, a handful of sprouts, 2 carrots, and some spinach?"

Well, I am pretty sure y'all can guess what happened.

This turned out very lush, flavorful, and filling.  Here's what I threw in my salad...

2 small (2" diameter) organic beets
1 handful homegrown mint
1T of some store bought sesame ginger dressing
1/4 large (4" diameter) jicama

1 handful fresh, local Texan organic spinach
1 handful organic alfalfa sprouts
2 chopped organic carrots
1/2 large (8" long) organic cucumber 
1/4 cup crushed raw walnuts


I threw the beets, mint, dressing, and jicama in the food processor Ninja thing and chopped the mixture coarsely.  Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to "mingle."  Chop up all of the other goodness and throw into a monster sized bowl.  Set in front of litter box to snap photo for all to see.

I'm stuffed!  Now it's time to get back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment