Friday, January 25, 2013

Vegan Cowgirl Queso!

One of my favorite things about Austin is the never ending list of amazing Tex Mex restaurants that are more than happy to put a bowl full of melted cheesy goodness in front of me. Oftentimes they get inventive and put a bunch of other things in it and call it a kitschy name. My personal favorites from my carnivorous days are Kerbey Lane's Cowboy Queso and Hills Cafe's white queso with brisket.

It's awfully sad that cheese makes me feel so awful. I was feeling quite emotional today and ended up picking up a cheese pizza. I had 2 small pieces and I now feel like death. This, my friends, is why I love cooking vegan.

So, after this crappy week I deserve a tall beer and a huge bowl of my very own Vegan Cowgirl Queso!

1/2 wedge of JalapeƱo Garlic Havarti Daiya vegan cheese
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 chopped avocado
1 medium chopped tomato
1/8 cup chopped onion
Small bunch of chopped cilantro
1T lime juice

I just crumbled the Daiya into a microwave safe bowl then dumped in the delicious little black beans. After 1:30 in our 1100w micronuker, the beans were chillin in a creamy sea of awesome. Top it off with the chopped medley of veg and you have the perfect bowl of vegan gluten/soy free queso!

Bon appetite! Arriba! Arriba!





No comments:

Post a Comment